We’ve all been there. We want to play D&D or Pathfinder, but no one wants to be the DM. Or worse, we don’t know anyone who plays. Or slightly better, we play in a regular group but want to play on days the group can’t get together. While normal generators focus on the dungeon master, the Endless RPG dungeon and map generator is designed with both DMs and players in mind. It is compatible with D&D 5th edition and Pathfinder 1st edition.
Endless RPG is a random map generator that can create multi-leveled dungeons, crypts, caves, castles, ruins and towers with a targeted number of encounters and varying difficulties for the ‘boss’ encounter. It creates monster encounters, treasures, traps and events based on D&D 5e or Pathfinder 1e rules.
For players, Endless RPG allows exploring the map with a fog of war, which . means you can really play without knowing all of the details beforehand. Encounters, treasures and traps are presented as they are discovered.
Endless RPG will generate quick missions for you that include a basic background, but you can also use the custom dungeon generator to tailor adventures to a specific story. This means you can use your imagination, or if playing with a group without a dedicated DM, even take turns adding to the story while letting the app do the heavy lifting.
For Dungeon Masters, the app allows you to quickly generate a random map that goes beyond normal random dungeon generators. Not only does it include different map types, the generator will place intelligent encounters, treasures, traps, locked doors and other events. Best of all, it is very customizable, so you can move encounters around, create new encounters and treasure locations and even add your own custom monsters and items.
While being the creative lead can be a fun undertaking, it can also be a time-consuming one. Much of this time is spent not on story, but on painstakingly drawing out maps and placing monsters, traps and treasure. Endless RPG can take some of the drudgery out by creating random maps for you. Best of all, you can mix and match, using Endless RPG maps for that quick adventure while you save time to use creating your own detailed maps.
- You can download Endless RPG for iPhone/iPad from the App Store.
- Endless RPG is also available on Android devices from the Google Play store.
- Now on Mac OS! Download Endless RPG for Mac
There are two ways to use Endless RPG: Player mode, which has a fog of war, and DM mode, which unveils the entire map and all of its secrets. More features include:
- Create random dungeons, caves, ruins, crypts, towers and castles.
- Multi-level map support allows you to create caves that lead to ruins, towers with dungeons below and other multi-level options.
- Expansion supported: Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes and Volo’s Guide to Monsters
- Player’s mode includes parties of up to 8 characters and a fog-of-war discovery system
- DM mode supports customizing maps with unique encounters, treasures and event messages, moving objects around on the map and weeding out the unwanted by deleting encounters, traps, treasures, etc.
- A Quick Battle mode for keeping up with current HP of all combatants
- A Battle Map mode to help with tactical combat.
- Tracks all treasure looted and monsters defeated to make end-of-session wrap up easier to handle.
- Supports D&D 5e on all platforms and Pathfinder 1e on iOS/Android
Endless RPG can be played solo, in a group without a DM by alternating who DMs each battle or even with a dedicated DM as a one-off adventure or part of a campaign.
- How to Play D&D Solo or Without a DM
- How to DM and Be a Character Too
- How to DM a Fight With Your Own Character(s) in the Party